Upon receiving your enquiry, we will arrange an appointment to meet you at your home to conduct a site survey. We will take the relevant measurements, as well as a number of photographs of your loft and the external roof to provide us with all the information we need. Based on your requirements we will put together a detailed quote for you to review.
Once our quote and costs are approved, we can start putting together some designs. We will arrange a time for you to meet with our architect at your home and together we will go through the plans for your conversion. The architect will record the relevant specifications such as the positions of stairs, head heights and any other details that are related to your build.
Once the design is approved, if required applications for planning permission, building control and party wall agreements will need to be obtained. Once agreed we will arrange a start date for your loft conversion and the appropriate scaffolding will be erected. It’s now time to build!
With the scaffold down and skips removed, you will receive your completion certificates. Then after weeks of hard work, its finally time for you to enjoy your new loft conversion that you have worked so hard to design!
The Design Process
Thinking about where to start when getting your loft converted can be stressful and confusing, which is why we handle everything for you. From the planning stage, up until completion our team will assist, advise and answer any questions you might have.
Our architects and structural engineers will work closely with you to help achieve the best possible design for you and your property. If you already have plans in place, we would be more than happy to use them.
Most loft conversions can be carried out using Permitted Development, which means that you may not need full planning permission for your loft conversion, subject to a few basic guidelines. Our team will be there to guide you throughout the process and advise you on any necessary permission you may need to get.
- Deposit paid and start date secured
- Site visit from architect
- Drawings approved and sent to local building control
- Scaffolding erected
- Clear and prep loft for delivery
- Delivery of materials to site
- Installation of structural steel beams and floor
- First visit from building control
- Installation of new dormer
- 3 layer felt flat roof system installed
- Internal stud walls built
- Electrician & plumber first fix
- Velux windows installed
- Roof tilers to start
- Insulation installed in new loft space
- New floorboards laid
- Second inspection from building control
- Begin plaster-boarding
- New staircase installed
- Dormer windows fitted
- Completion of plaster-boarding
- Plastering of loft
- Measure up and order second fix materials (doors, skirting, architraves etc)
- Completion of all second fixing (doors hung etc)
- Bathroom tiling completion
- Electrician to second fix
- Plumber to install bathroom suite
- Painting and decorating of loft
- Walk round with client to check for snags
- Final visit from building control
- All rubbish and skips removed from site
- Scaffold down
- All relevant certificates issued to client
- Time to enjoy your loft!
Rear Dormer Loft Conversion | Velux Conversion | Loft Conversions | Hip To Gable Loft Conversion | Dormer Loft Extension
Pitched Dormer Loft Conversion | L-shape Dormer Conversion | Flat Roof Dormer Loft Conversion